Finance Conversation Starters
1. Describe your perfect day.
2. If you could start any company, what would it be?
3. If you could buy a special gift for someone, what would you buy?
4. If you inherited a large sum of money, what would you change about your life?
5. If you received one million dollars today, what would you do with the money?
6. If you had to give all your money away today, who would you give it to?
7. If you received more money than you were expecting, would you save it or spend it?
8. If you suddenly needed more money, what would you do?
9. What do you have that you could live without?
10. Who would you most like to help? Why?
*1. What is your dream job?
*2. If you could go to college, what would you study?
3. Is there something you are putting off for another day?
*4. What do you spend most of your money on?
*5. What is your most prized possession? Why?
6. Do you ever worry about money? Why? Or Why not?
7. Who do you feel financially responsible for?
*8. *What is the biggest purchase you’ve ever made?
*9. *What are you most proud of earning?
10. When was the last time you scheduled a meeting to talk about money?
11. How old were you when you opened your first saving account?
12. What is your greatest need?
*13. *Have you every borrowed money? For What?
*14. *What is the first purchase you remember making with your own money?
15. Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
16. Would you rather receive one large lump sum of money, or monthly payments for the rest of your life?
*1. What is something you would like to learn or do this year?
*2. What is one goal you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
3. What are you saving towards?
*4. What do you think your life will be like in 10 years?
5. What do you think your life will be like in 20 years?
*6. Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
*7. What are you most looking forward to? Why?
8. At what age would you like to retire or stop working?
*9. What do you dream about buying one day?
10. At what age do you expect to be financially independent?
11. What is the one thing worth waiting for?
*5. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Why?
*1. What is the best gift you’ve ever given? Why?
2. What was the hardest temptation to resist this week? Why?
3. What was your biggest distraction today?
*4. What is the best trip you’ve ever taken? Why?
6. Have you ever missed out on something because it was too expensive?
*7. What purchase have you made that you regretted? Why?
*8. What was the last impulse purchase you made?
*9. What is the best purchase you’ve ever made? Why?
*10. What is the worst purchase you’ve ever made? Why?
11. What is the biggest regret you have about money?
12. Have you ever needed a “rainy day” or emergency fund?
13. What is the largest amount of money you’ve ever raised for a cause? Why?
14. Have you ever run out of money? What happened?
15. What is the hardest decision you’ve ever made about money? Why?